I’m dying for a piece of bread. I told the hubs that I can’t do this anymore and he talked me off the ledge. I cannot believe how much I am controlled by my cravings.
You know those packages of food that have a list of 20+ ingredients that you can’t pronounce? Those are made in a lab. Their use has two purposes: they’re cheap and they get you addicted. And I lived on that crap.
Food is an industry. I remember our neighborhood grocery store when I was a kid. Just a small little store. Maybe 2 or 3 aisles of boxed/canned foods. A huge section for produce and the meat aisle ran the length of the store. My point? The bulk of that building was devoted to pure foods. Nowadays, you have aisle after aisle of convenience foods.
This has been my experience so far:
- My complexion looks better
- My blood pressure has dropped
- I have more energy
- I’m sleeping better
- I fit into a pair of jeans that I haven’t been able to wear in a very long time.
- (Now to be a downer) my digestion is still a mess
- None of the sinus issues I have that I was told were tied to sugar have gone away
- I can’t keep up with housework because I’m constantly washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen.
- I am having cravings for pizza and chocolate like a mofo
- I still have 10 more days
Look, I know I sound like that fat kid from Harry Potter, bitching and moaning about everything. But this is tough. It’s been a complete lifestyle change. I have 10 days left. I’ll make the most of it. In the meantime, I’ll just keep rubbing candy bars on my face in the checkout line.